Website U.S. Department of State
The position is located in the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Operations Directorate, Office of Fire Protection (OBO/OPS/FIRE). This position serves as a Logistics Management Specialist with responsibility for OBO/OPS/FIRE logistics requirements, which involve the purchase, receipt, inventory control, and shipping of fire protection equipment for OBO worldwide facilities.
- Incumbent develops the technical description for items to be procured and prepares and obtains approval for all purchase order requests.
- Analyzes trends and cost data and provides information to senior leadership on manufacturing delays, shipping delays, etc., associated with MBOM items.
- Administers procurements actions and acts as the Contractor Officers Representative (COR) for multiple logistics contracts awarded within the office and executes financial obligations associated with assigned contracts.
- Maintains data for each shipment to include airline, freight number, air bill/air waybill number, departure date, and all transit stops for use in tracking and determining the status of shipments.
- Review of bids received from various freight forwarders and in determining the shipper most capable of handling the shipment and getting the shipment to the project site when needed.
- Verification of employment eligibility in the United States is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience planning procurement of commodities and technical services, identifying problems, trends, overall resources and requirements for logistical programs.
- Experience drafting logistics reports and plans for analysis and anticipated requirements.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A