Website Southern California Edison
Become an IT Service Manager at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be responsible for providing application services to meet SCE business needs in the SAP Finance, PowerPlan, and non-SAP Finance portfolio. Provide oversight and strategic direction to the Manage Service Provider (MSP) to ensure efficient service delivery to Enterprise business users and to lead the day-to-day responsibilities to support and maintain applications. Responsible in supporting Month-end, Year-end, finance, and PowerPlan groups. Follow up on application services and problem issues.
- Monitor operational services to ensure that they meet the defined SLAs.
- Coordinate interfaces with other service management processes.
- Escalate unresolved tasks to higher support levels at the appropriate time.
- Communicates the service requests status internally and externally as applicable.
- Represent team at CAB meetings, if required.
- Integrate with the Plan organization to ensure that projects are designed with operational needs and efficiencies. Collaborate with the Delivery organization to influence the strategy and decisions made during the project life cycle. Integrate with the Planning and Architecture teams for operational initiatives and roadmap development.
- Create RFCs from Work Orders, complete Service Requests resolution, as required, following the Change Management process.
- Review all reports to seek improvement opportunities.
- Perform the Service Request Manager role for application portfolio.
- Partner and effectively collaborate with the business and other operational towers within IT (like Infrastructure, Security, and Service Integration) to ensure operational efficiency.
- Plan and manage support for the application and processes in the portfolio.
- Interface with other process/function as required in resolving Service Requests Work Orders.
- Make appropriate use of available resources to resolve Service Requests (people, tools, and processes, additional or re-assigned tasks).
- Attend SLA review meetings, as requested.
- Assume ownership for all Service Requests.
- Experience working in IT Operations in a managed services environment.
- Experience in SAP platform.
- Experience with having technical conversations or making technical presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Seven (7) years of technical experience in application development & maintenance, integration systems, databases, and job scheduling environment.
- Service management experience and operational responsibility of multiple applications and database environments.
Company: Southern California Edison
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Rosemead, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A