Website Social Security Administration
Positions under this announcement are being filled using a Direct Hire Authority (DHA)(SSA-001), open to all U.S. citizens. Selections made under this bulletin will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees would be given new appointments to the civil service. Under the provisions of the DHA, Veterans Preference and the “Rule of Three” do not apply.
- This announcement serves as public notice. Applications submitted will be placed into a pool and will remain on file for selection as positions become available.
- Vacancies may be filled for up to 6 months after the closing date of this announcement. Applicants may not receive notifications of referral status until the full 6-month eligibility period has elapsed.
- Applications may also be gathered from additional recruitment sources. These applications will be added to the pool created by this announcement.
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Fingerprinting and background and/or security investigation may be required
- Job offers are contingent on fingerprinting and background / security investigation results
- Selectees may be required to serve a 1 year probationary period
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement
- Must pass Competency Assessment Interview Process (CAIP) interview.
Qualification & Experience:
- Three years of general experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the federal service that demonstrates the ability to 1) review problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions; 2) plan and organize work; and 3) communicate effectively orally and in writing. An example of qualifying experience include reviewing, explaining, applying or interpreting rules, regulation or policies.
- One (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-5 level (or equivalent) that demonstrates the ability to (1) assist individuals in establishing their entitlement to receive benefits (e.g., retirement, disability, public aid, insurance, taxes, etc.); (2) adjudicate, authorize or reconsider claims; (3) explain benefit (e.g., retirement, disability, public aid, insurance, taxes, etc.) entitlements or requirements to the general public; (4) evaluate benefit (e.g., retirement, disability, public aid, insurance, taxes, etc.) program operations to assess the integrity and quality; or (5) interpret benefit (e.g., retirement, disability, public aid, insurance, taxes, etc.) program requirements to formulate policies, procedures or guidelines.
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A