Provides basic environmental expertise to internal client groups, coordinates specific projects, and is the point of contact for agency inspections. Routinely, analyzes and interprets regulatory requirements typically identified by supervisors that affect company operations to develop: Strategies to mitigate the impact to company operations, advocacy packages for use in lobbying company positions, compliance programs/procedures/tools to ensure compliant operations, and strategic plans to support business objectives.
- Conducts technical environmental specific training developed within the group and provides presentations to employees, contractors and agency representatives.
- Prepares compliance-related documentation, standard practices, guidance documents and related technical training materials.
- Participates in, and provides technical input to, proposed changes in regulatory requirements affecting company operations.
- Recommends modifications to company policies and procedures that reflect regulatory changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Strong organizational skills and basic project management skills required.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and create reports used for proposing innovation solutions by applying mathematic and physical science principles, concepts and techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as tact and diplomacy in dealing with employees, consultants and regulatory agencies are required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, engineering, urban planning, geography, landscape architecture, biology or related field of study is required.
- Equivalent work experience or training in an environmental discipline may be substituted for the degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of related environmental experience is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A