View All SoCalGas Jobs SoCalGas
Physically Inspects Gas Pipeline Construction Projects and presides over High & Medium Pressure Control Operations. Inspects all, welding, materials, testing, coating, excavating, backfilling, paving, and repairs on pipeline projects. Ensures all required documentation is performed per Gas Co. Standards and approved contracts.
- Documents job progress, labor, equipment and material used on a daily basis. Reviews and approves invoices from contractors.
- Attends pre-bid, pre-construction and progress meetings as appropriate and may provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Solves problems in a timely and decisive manner to ensure quality, safety and compliance on the worksite and to ensure project success.
- Monitors job progress, work methods, construction procedures, materials utilized and adherence to project schedules. Evaluates and documents work quality and safety performance of the welder.
- On behalf of the Company, coordinates between the Company and the contractor and local officials as related to submittals, schedules, permitting, material requirements, change orders, environmental issues, operator qualifications, invoices, engineering designs, etc.
- Inspects High Pressure Main and Service Projects and Regulator Station Projects which include Strength Test Documentation, Welding Inspection/Non-Destructive Examination (NDE), Coating Inspection, Gas Handling and Trench Inspection.
- Preparation of all required project records for uploading into the High Pressure Pipeline Database.
- Frequent to constant walking and standing on a job site.
- May be required to work nights and weekends while on a project.
- Will have to drive between job sites on a daily basis.
- May be required to lift up to 60 lbs on occasion.
- Occasionally will be required to climb up and down ladders to inspect excavations.
- May be required to travel extensively within the Region.
- Must have basic accounting and cost control knowledge.
- Requires strong analytical, judgment and administrative skills.
- CA driver’s license required to drive between job sites.
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete and Pass Welder Inspection Training.
- DOT safety sensitive. Subject to random drug testing
- A minimum of five years of gas pipeline construction experience is required.
- Must be knowledgeable of construction procedures, standards, material and equipment.
- Must possess knowledge of construction techniques with the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Berkeley, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A