Website United States Senate
This is professional work coordinating, translating functional requirements into technical solutions, building, installing, configuring, and testing dedicated cyber defense hardware. Work includes checking system hardware availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency, employing secure configuration management processes and managing accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment. Incumbent will plan, execute, and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures.
- Assesses the impact of new cybersecurity threats and identifies and evaluates vulnerabilities within new technology and changes to Senate IT infrastructure.
- Promotes cybersecurity awareness and assists with developing security awareness materials; provides security reviews for Senate Office Cybersecurity operational environments; and assists in providing security training and awareness briefings.
- Updates management as required on Cybersecurity related issues
- Coordinates and performs automated vulnerability assessments; advises Senate office staff on effective remediation techniques.
- Coordinates and performs the critical security patch evaluation and certification process for supported Microsoft and non-Microsoft software.
- Performs cybersecurity systems administration tasks and services for Senate employees and vendor maintenance access.
- Develops, implements, and maintains scripts and other automated tools to identify indicators of intrusion activity and to support effective cybersecurity workflow processes.
- Responds to potential localized or widespread security events; uses various reports to help track and isolate user access problems and potential security incidents; creates daily situational reports while manning and supporting the Cyber Security Operations Center.
- Researches, evaluates, tests, and recommends cybersecurity solutions and controls.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP communications protocols and standards.
- Ability to identify potential security breaches and implement action plans in conjunction with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate functional issues and solutions effectively, both orally and in writing, to individuals possessing a broad range of functional knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Understanding of computer operating systems, applications, and networking; understanding of key principles of information protection; knowledge of data security and access control systems, encryption, firewalls, network- and host-based security technologies and processes.
- Ability to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to re-focus work activities rapidly in response to changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive information.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to support the team Supervisor in interacting effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization, Member offices, external agencies and committees, and contractors.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in compliance with established Senate standards and guidelines for managing sensitive data.
- Ability to identify potential security events to the team; developing action plans, and carrying them out quickly and effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and possess excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
Company: United States Senate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Cybersecurity
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A