Website U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
The FBI seeks experienced and highly qualified attorneys to join the Office of the General Counsel (OGC). The OGC provides legal advice to the entire FBI on a wide range of substantive issues. The OGC works closely with other offices of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and other members of the Intelligence Community. OGC also assists the FBI in forming partnerships with other federal, state, local and international agencies, as well as private-sector entities, in support of FBI operations.
- The Attorney General’s Summer Law Intern Program is Justice’s competitive, centralized recruitment program for compensated summer internships.
- Your duties and responsibilities will depend on the type of law you practice within each branch.
- The majority of SLIP hires are second year law students who work at Justice the summer between their second and third years of law school.
- The SLIP is also open to recent graduates between graduation and the start of a judicial clerkship or full-time qualifying legal fellowship.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450 annually.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
- Must pass an FBI polygraph examination.
- Must complete form FD-887, Request for Access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Must pass an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test.
Qualification & Experience:
Applicants must possess a JD degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (or have an LLM (Master of Laws) degree or other graduate law degree in addition to a JD) and be an active member of the bar (in any U.S. jurisdiction).
Company: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A