Website U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of the General Counsel, headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia.
Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services in multiple locations through this vacancy announcement.
- Examine and prepare appropriate response to complaints and hearing requests;
- Prepares the answers, motions, affidavits, briefs, or other pleadings appropriate to the defense of the cases for filing in the courts or administrative tribunals in conformity with applicable rules and regulations;
- Conducts depositions and all other discovery of adverse witnesses and performs cross examination during formal proceedings;
- Prepares in writing and orally presents legal and factual arguments and required motions.
- Attends pretrial and pre-hearing conferences and presents all required motions, statements, summaries, and witness lists;
- Negotiates directly with opposing counsel regarding offers of settlements;
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date.
- Financial disclosure statement may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Suitable for federal employment
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service – http://www.sss.gov
- Two year trial period may be required.
- Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
- All information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation.
- All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
- Documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the
- DHS “E-Verify” System.
Qualification & Experience:
- Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
Company: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A