Website State of South Carolina
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Adult Protective Services Child Welfare Services Case Manager. The Adult Protective Services Case Manager will perform specialized case management in the area of Adult Protective Services (APS), Division of Adult Advocacy, for the Upstate Region. Case management includes but is not limited to conducting investigations, conducting assessments and coordinating protective and preventive services for vulnerable adults. Will assist other counties with APS case management as needed.
- Investigate to determine vulnerability, abuse, neglect by caregiver, self-neglect and exploitation reports of vulnerable adults while respecting self-determination of vulnerable adults. Will assist other counties with APS case management as needed.
- Provide case management services according to APS policy and procedures to include home visits and legal proceedings and enter documentation into CAPSS as required in a timely and accurate manor.
- Coordinate necessary services to keep the vulnerable adult safe to include temporary and long-term placements.
- Assist law enforcement and/or family court in emergency removal of adults, and secure placement in a protective environment.
- Maintain professional and harmonious relationships with co-workers and the community.
- Assess the vulnerable adult’s ability to secure long-term services to include but not limited to: redirecting funds, securing a guardian or conservator, filling out appropriate documents for emergency services and connecting to probate or family court.
- Perform Red Cross shelter duty or other emergency shelter duty and services as directed.
- For any of the Adult Protective Services case manager jobs, the best qualified candidate will have a working knowledge of family dynamics, and policies, procedures, and laws related to adult protection and adult welfare.
- Furthermore, good case manager candidates will have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, and be able to successfully use agency software and computer systems.
- They will be adept at active listening and interviewing techniques to elicit pertinent information; possess skills in critical analysis and conflict management/resolution; and able to collaborate with all stakeholders in the provision of services to ensure positive outcomes for adults and their families.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: State of South Carolina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A