Website San Diego International Airport
San Diego International Airport is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
- Serve as a liaison between the Authority and outside contractors on construction and improvement projects and tenant projects; meet and confer with Authority staff and stakeholders regarding construction plans and specifications; coordinate contractor activities with the Authority.
- Maintain project documentation through scheduled status reports, charts, and progress of contract schedules; incorporate change-orders and create punch lists; perform preliminary review of assigned projects to identify potential problems and recommend alternative solutions; attend pre-construction and in-house design review meetings.
- Monitor and inspect a variety of facility construction projects and installations to ensure compliance with project documents, including major mechanical, electrical, civil, structural concrete and masonry, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, structural steel, piping systems, asphalt and concrete pavement, and other appurtenant materials used throughout Authority construction.
- Perform necessary field inspections to monitor, evaluate and document construction; ensure conformance to construction specifications, drawings, and other contract requirements; prepare daily inspector reports and periodic progress reports on construction and installation work.
- Communication: Proficiently exchange information through various avenues including verbal, digital, written, facilitation and persuasion.
- Critical Thinking: Critically reviews and translates business requirements, data and information to specify solutions or alternative practice in support of business objectives and strategies.
- Analyzes situation or factor and collaboratively generate alternative or solution, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations.
- Operating Equipment: Effective use of common construction and surveying tools such as drafting tools, electronic locators, cameras, two-way radios, concrete testing equipment, etc.
- Relationship: Builds and maintains relations with stakeholders, identifies and relates information, ideas and resolves problems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Five years of experience in public works construction, including two years as a project inspector with an emphasis on civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and electronics disciplines involved in facilities construction.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent.
Company: San Diego International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A