Website San Diego International Airport
The Veterans Fellowship Program is designed to foster a seamless transition for veterans from active duty to the civilian work environment by providing an excellent opportunity to gain practical work experience in our integrated aviation environment; duties assigned may vary widely depending on the department needs.
- Workshops with subject matter experts on: resume writing and interviewing skills, networking and building relationships, and corporate business practices.
- Gaining perspective from team members who successfully transitioned from the military to the civilian workforce.
- Networking with the leadership team and fellow employees.
- Heighten understanding of the aviation industry’s diverse facets.
- Hands on work experience.
- Facilitates respectful exchange of ideas and fosters an atmosphere of open communications while keeping focused on objective; effectively presents to individuals or groups.
- Demonstrates broad understanding of the departments’ functions, and supporting work activities across the organization.
- Relationship Management – Ability to consult and provide advice at all levels of the organization; resolve conflict, establish trust, credibility and respect, as an impartial advocate for organizational business objectives.
- Agility – Readily adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Ability to determine appropriate measures to achieve project goals and prioritize the measures; able to fully engage others to deliver an acceptable result in the time allocated.
- Problem Solving – Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternative solutions, and identify an optimal solution; listens and clarifies information as needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of active duty or mobilized reserve duty service.
- BA degree in Aviation Management, or related field.
- Three years of air traffic control, airfield operations experience.
- Or combination of training and experience.
Company: San Diego International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A