Website State of Rhode Island
To be responsible for performing standardized biological, toxicological and chemical evaluation of evidence related to sexual assaults, homicides, or controlled substances using modern methods and instrumentation; and to do related work as required.
- To be responsible for performing standardized biological, toxicological and chemical evaluation of evidence related to sexual-assaults, homicides, or controlled substances using modern methods and instrumentation;
- To prepare technical reports and provide expert testimony in court as required.
- To provide information and technical assistance to criminal justice agencies.
- To perform proficiency tests as a method of quality assurance and to perform minor repair and maintenance to laboratory equipment.
- To be responsible for ensuring and maintaining a secure chain-of-custody of evidence.
- To instruct police officers in the selection, collection and preservation, and safe handling of evidence to assure proper laboratory testing and examination.
- To participate in maintaining a quality assessment and improvement program.
- To perform quality control procedure and identify compliance with standards.
- To comply with all applicable governmental laws and regulations and institutional policies and procedures.
- To perform technical review of laboratory data.
- To attend meetings and seminars as required.
- To do related work as required.
- A thorough knowledge of chemistry, toxicology, serology and instrumental analyses as applied to forensic analysis.
- A thorough knowledge of the Rhode Island criminal justice system.
- The ability to maintain a secure chain-of-custody to evidence.
- The ability to appear in court and provide testimony as an expert witness as required.
- The ability to effectively interact with criminal justice agencies; and related capacities and abilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: Such as may have been gained through: graduation from a college of recognized standing with a Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Forensic Chemistry or a related science.
Company: State of Rhode Island
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Providence, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A