Website Rockland Community College
Rockland Community College University is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person Payroll Manager. Rockland Community College has a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich the growth of our College community:
- Ensures proper preparation and timely processing of payroll in compliance with federal and state laws;
- Evaluates and improves payroll processes; Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures;
- Ensures payroll accounts are balanced by resolving payroll discrepancies;
- Maintains data integrity of payroll information;
- Oversees quarterly and end of year tax filing processes;
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages;
- Maintain Banner security for HR and payroll reporting; process necessary paperwork for Information Technology.
- Develops and oversees fiscal controls to ensure accuracy, timely reconciliation, and prompt payment of payroll deductions and benefits;
- Process and coordinate tax levies, bankruptcies and garnishments to ensure proper payments are submitted as directed.
- Serves as the point of contact for Internal, State and Federal HR & Payroll audits;
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of contractual increases and adjustments and oversee the administration of the non-faculty and faculty sick leave banks;
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
- Communicates appropriately with employees regarding payroll compliance and best practices;
- Manage payroll staff of two to include setting of priorities, delegation of tasks and review of work product to ensure accuracy and timeliness in payroll processing;
- Responsible for reconciliation of monthly and fiscal year end retirement and FICA/FICA-MED reports, including electronic filing of data;
- Works closely with Finance and Human Resources on Payroll related issues.
- Expertise in navigating through complex employee pay (especially academic pay), payroll processes, and technical issues;
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local tax regulations, and demonstrated experience developing and implementing payroll processes in compliance with payroll standards, legal compliance and best practices;
- Experience working with quarterly and year end filings such 1099 and W2s;
- Experience dealing with the calculation of fringe rate and retiree imputed income;
- Understanding of interfaces and account reconciliations;
- Strong business acumen to understand key business drivers, organization communications and data, organizational and unit performance measures, as well as, understand the impact and implications of decisions on leadership objectives;
- Experience successfully completing audits from the federal and state level;
- Experience processing executive pay and complex payroll calculations;
- Excellent analytical, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Company: Rockland Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Suffern, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A