Website PPL Corporation
Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan. This position receives guidance and oversight from manager. Typically does not perform the work being supervised. Responsible to oversee highly skilled transmission and distribution work on electrical facilities in a safe, productive manner with attention to quality by supervising line crews assigned to work on all overhead and underground transmission and distribution line facilities. Provides timely, cost effective and reliable service to customers.
- Lead, train, motivate, coach and counsel employees to meet the expectations of their positions.
- Responsible for timely response to storm restoration efforts in the region, including round-the-clock responsbility as a Work Location
- Supervisor to respond and lead crew efforts in restoring PPL facilities to normal operation.
- Responsible for the application of safe working practices on the job in compliance with the Company’s safety rules and trains and develops safety awareness on the part of subordinates.
- Provide customer/client satisfaction by applying cost effective work practices to ensure job quality and reliability.
- Work directly with field and G.O. designers in developing a mutually agreeable design that can be built within the approved hours
- Conduct daily tailboards to communicate safe work plans, company policies and expectations.
- Communicate/coordinate work schedules with internal and external customers, foreign utilities and contractors.
- Responsible for the completion of capital and O&M work in the area.
- Supervise, prioritize and schedule resources to effectively utilize and to meet customer/client requirements during normal operations and storm emergencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years experience as a journeyman in the linesman trade or 10 years experience in the transmission and distribution line facilities.
- Basic electric theory, identify and analyze trouble in electrical circuits, print reading and moderate computer skills used in the linemen trade and office applications software.
- Thorough knowledge of safety rules/regulations, energy control process, company policies, work practices and the labor agreement.
- Supervisory experience with leadership and teamwork skills, communication skills both oral and written.
- Possess valid Pennsylvania Commercial Drivers License.
Company: PPL Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Lancaster, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A