Website Portland General Electric
Performs first-tier professional level assignments that require theoretical knowledge and application of principles and concepts. Typically requires a related college or university degree or the equivalent work experience. Note: Actual requirements vary by job. Solves recurring problems by applying advanced knowledge. Operates independently but also receives ongoing guidance and direction from others
- Project Management – Manages multiple projects (e.g., streetlighting, single family, residential, ranch runner, pole replacement, minor maintenance and small road widening) of varying size and at varying steps within the project process; delivers project results that provide timely, effective, reliable and workable construction designs and customer connections.
- Design Production – Conducts technical analyses and prepares complete designs using current design technology resources, including design software, drawings, material lists, design specifications, material specifications, corporate accounting, cost estimates, easements, permits, service requirements and line-extension agreements. Responsible for design decisions that reflect a cost-effective, reliable, safe, constructible/maintainable transmission and distribution system.
- Project Execution – Accountable for ensuring all steps of the project process are completed, considering timeliness and responsiveness to internal or external customers; effectively prioritizes and balances multiple tasks and projects to meet customer expectations; interprets and coordinates work with other PGE departments to fulfill project requirements; generally works independently but receives some direct supervision. Fulfills project requirements consistent with company tariff, design standards, NESC requirements and applicable codes.
- Customer Care – Serves as the primary point of contact on all assigned projects from first contact to final closing; consults with customers to identify requirements and translates them into design and service connection solutions consistent with tariff, company standards, requirements and applicable codes.
- Leadership and Consultation – Responds to questions from stakeholders; may provide information to newer team members.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering technology, computer-assisted design or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically, one or more years in utility operations or a related field.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge and application of all company standards and tariffs, company policy, applicable codes and local jurisdiction requirements.
- Basic knowledge of common engineering concepts and principles.
- Working knowledge of PGE’s electrical system.
- Working knowledge of transmission and distribution standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Working skills in using computer design tools, including structural analysis, electric analysis, work management and GIS.
- Working ability to apply engineering and design concepts, PGE and industry standards and governing codes.
Company: Portland General Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Salem, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A