Website Portland General Electric
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Climb poles to perform work.
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
- Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
- Possess a Journeyman Lineman card.
- Hot stick experience preferred.
- Possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and have a good driving record.
- Completed an accredited journeyman line apprenticeship program and have taken and passed a journeyman lineman test.
- Proof of apprenticeship hours. (upon request)
- Must be able to climb.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required.
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Company: Portland General Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Salem, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A