Website Portland General Electric
At PGE, our work involves dreaming about, planning for, and realizing a smarter, cleaner, more enduring Oregon neighborhood. Its core to our DNA and we haven’t stopped since we started in 1888. We energize lives, strengthen communities and drive advancements in energy that promote social, economic and environmental progress. We’re always on the lookout for people passionate about leading and being a part of teams that are advancing innovative clean energy solutions that are also affordable and accessible to all.
- Schedule special equipment to optimize resources.
- May work with customers and other departments to resolve related issues.
- Resolve high- complexity or unexpected scheduling issues with various stakeholders.
- Prioritize work and may assign work to others.
- Monitor job progress and works with other teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Monitor work order progress against the schedule and works with various stakeholders to decide and implement mitigation, if needed.
- Determine optimal timing for prerequisite activities for each job.
Lead cross-functional efforts to research and resolve issues.
- Prioritize workload for area of control, optimizes resource and equipment utilization for a given area and determines best time to schedule unique as well as recurring activities.
- Schedule work with moderate to high complexity prerequisite and/or equipment requirements.
- Coordinate with other departments as needed.
- Monitor system queues and works with stakeholders to develop one- to six-week schedules for a given area.
- Predict resourcing needs based on current and upcoming workload, as well as knowledge of workload patterns.
- Plan, schedule and dispatch PGE and contract crews in accordance with plan to meet overall business objectives.
- May do field visits to review work performed or to assist in planning/scheduling work
- Present scheduling information customized to end-user needs.
- Ability to avoid future mistakes by applying reasonable skills to new but similar work situations or tasks
- Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to follow accuracy standards
- Ability to respond and adapt to frequent change
- Ability to discern feedback and acknowledge ownership of areas of improvement
- Ability to communicate and problem solve when under stress
- Intermediate conflict management skills
- Advanced knowledge of distribution system
- Ability to accept and demonstrate self-awareness when provided constructive feedback
- Working knowledge of systems used in department
- Intermediate analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrates sound memory
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Intermediate organization and prioritization skills
- Intermediate knowledge of the fundamentals of electricity
- Advanced knowledge of PGE’s geographic territory
- Advanced customer focus skills Intermediate interpersonal skills
- Intermediate project management skills
- Ability to follow through on decision-making tasks
- Intermediate problem-solving skills Intermediate written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to successfully collaborate with peers, managers and others within the organization
- Intermediate knowledge of laws and regulations related to utility operations
Company: Portland General Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A