Website Portland General Electric
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
- Deliver barricades and parking bags, hang door hangers, deliver and pick up tools for crews.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning garages and parking areas.
- Clean and maintain vehicles.
- Organize, maintain and cleanup pole yard.
- Work safely by knowing and understanding PGE’s work practices, ODOT regulations, and other safety guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Shuttle equipment, vehicles, and personnel as needed.
- Operate vehicles including forklifts, skid steers, half-ton pickups, and passenger cars and trucks exceeding 30,000 GVW.
- Flagging for outages and other situations as needed.
- Applicants who do not currently have a CDL, flagging certification or forklift certification will be required to obtain them within the probationary period.
- Ability to read and interpret PGE job sketches, including materials and permitting information.
- Must possess and maintain flagging certification and maintain throughout tenure in the position.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license and maintain throughout tenure in the position.
- Must possess and maintain forklift certification throughout tenure in the position
- Knowledge of applicable safety requirements and OSHA regulations.
- Availability and willingness to participate in storm and outage support outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job, initially demonstrated by passing a pre-placement physical exam.
- Ability to use appropriate small hand tools.
Company: Portland General Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A