The Product Design Team Leader (TL) is responsible for leading a group of Product Designers in the tactical execution of strategic product design objectives. Product Design TLs ensure the quality of their overseen designers by providing guidance and direction to align the designs with design standards.
- Establish, enforce, and continuously report on project completion status and deadlines.
- Ensure that proper product release communication protocol is followed.
- Develop skills necessary of individual contributors in order to present designs to leadership and Agile teams.
- Build relationships with departments to ensure product design goals are met.
- Educate other departments on design standards and best practices.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure vision and execution alignment among all Product Designers.
- Participate in the interview process for new product designers.
- Solve product design issues as they arise for the modules and products they oversee.
- Ensure design quality, consistency and readiness for development handoff.
- Track position metrics to ensure that design time goals and due dates are met.
- Review and approve new components, patterns or styles.
- Partner closely with product and development teams to determine design strategy.
- Train designers on appropriate use of design system, styles and processes.
- Present complex ideas and new designs to departments and leadership involved in the product development lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of department vision, development process, and the interdependencies
- Advanced use of UI software, Principle, Axure, Confluence, UTrack and Wrike
- Demonstrated proficiency in information architecture, user flows and cross-platform flows
- Detailed knowledge of different data collection techniques and design products based on data analysis
- Knowledge of mobile interface design across multiple operating systems
- Able to communicate complex ideas, goals and problems in a way that is easy for others not familiar with the project to understand
- Advanced ability to use creativity, imagination, and originality to create designs.
- Strong knowledge in HTML/CSS
- Effectively builds and manages relationships across teams and functions
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligation.
- Responsive Web Design, and UI Performance Tuning
- Self-directed with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and understand the different frameworks of other teams outside the Product department
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Grapevine, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A