Website Village of Orland Park
The Senior Civil Engineer is responsible for review and implementation of engineering, transportation, and development plans in accordance with industry and Village codes and standards. This position is responsible for the coordination and communication among permitting agencies, engineering consultants, and contractors.
- Performs daily on-site inspection of commercial, residential, and transportation-related construction work to ensure compliance with Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District, and Village requirements for water main, sewer line, and transportation construction and installations
- Regularly exercises technical judgment based on approved engineering drawings, Village requirements, and a wide variety of installation, construction, and repair problems.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required for this position.
- Reviews civil plans and drawings submitted to Development Services or Public Works to determine compliance with Village codes and ordinances.
- Inspects concrete alterations for conformance to code regulations and requirements including inspecting public sidewalks.
- Inspects both concrete and asphalt driveways and roadways.
- Inspects construction in progress and completed installations for workmanship and use of proper materials and methods.
- In cases of non-conformity, this position stops construction (with the consent of the Director of Public Works input and approval) until all defects are corrected.
- Performs inspections of public utility improvements, private services, and transportation projects for conformance to Village codes, approved engineering design, and industry accepted engineering standards; inspects and prepares repair lists for public improvements and transportation projects prior to acceptance of subdivisions/projects; prepares and maintains records for the acceptance of the subdivisions.
- Principles and practices of civil engineering; thorough knowledge of underground utility methods of construction;
- Seven years of progressively responsible related engineering experience is required.
- Municipal experience is a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is needed. AutoCAD and other related design program knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of ESRI GIS Platform (PRO and Desktop) is desirable
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Engineering or a closely related field is preferred.
- Rules and regulations as applicable to position;
- OR any combination of education, experience, and training that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
- Knowledge of village and department policies and procedures, or similar equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District and Village codes;
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET) accredited program is required.
Company: Village of Orland Park
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Orland Park, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A