Website Obama Foundation
The Deputy Director leads the development, refinement and execution of MBK Alliance’s strategy to strengthen the MBK Network and promote what works, particularly maintaining standards of excellence, providing high quality technical assistance and creating forums to share best practices and build communities of practice. Reporting to the Executive Director, MBKA, the Deputy Director will lead a small team and cross-organizational group of partners to bolster the network of more than 250 communities that accepted the My Brother’s Keeper Community Challenge, as well as the broader community of organizations and individuals that share our mission. The centerpiece of this strategy is our effort to accelerate impact in Chicago and a few communities that have the potential to be proof points for what it takes to substantially improve life outcomes for boys and young men of color through evidence-based policies and programs.
- Strategy and Planning: Iterate, refine and execute the strategy for strengthening the MBK Network and accelerating impact in targeted communities, including budget development.
- Project Management: Develop detailed project plans, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize and report out on progress
- Partnership Management: Identify, cultivate and manage cross-sector, mission-aligned local and national partners, donors and influencers that can help us meet and expedite goals
- Network Management: Iterate and refine the strategy for strengthening the MBK Network managing knowledge sharing, resource identification, connections to other Network members, innovation, highlighting progress and access to technical assistance from MBK Alliance team and partners.
- Convenings and Events Management: Serve as content lead and coordinate internal/external partners for annual national MBK convenings including MBK Rising! and the MBK Leadership Forum
- Team Management: Provide day-to-day management, leadership, feedback and evaluation of the Network Impact team – staff and consultants – building a team of happy, impactful employees supported to do their best work for kids and communities
- Representation: Develop and deliver presentations on MBK Alliance target goals and strategies, successes and challenges with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience in developing and executing social impact strategies and theories of change, preferably with a nonprofit or other social-impact organization. Experience in and/or considerable understanding of approaches to reduce barriers and expand life outcomes for boys and young men of color preferred.
- Expertise in network management and development
- Experience working with municipal governments and cross-sector coalitions focused on local impact
- Strong understanding of DEI, systemic racism and the strategies needed to disrupt
- Demonstrated track record of developing strategies to meet goals and ability to generate new and innovative approaches to problems
- Proven ability to quickly build trust and effective relationships at all levels of the organization and across teams
- Track record of setting vision and direction for a team, hiring exceptional and diverse talent and managing a team to results
Company: Obama Foundation
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A