Website Obama Foundation
The Obama Presidential Center (OPC) Interior Design Senior Associate supports the OPC Director of Design and any special advisors to President and Mrs. Obama on OPC Interior Design to coordinate the design, procurement, and installation of all interior design elements at the Obama Presidential Center to ensure that the physical environment supports all programmatic and operational requirements and is connected to the storytelling and brand goals of the Foundation. The Senior Associate collaborates with internal colleagues, consultants, and vendors to successfully manage a number of interrelated, cross-departmental work streams related to the Center’s interior design, including specialty architectural elements (tiles, tapestries, light fixtures), signage, interpretive displays, artwork, branded elements, and furniture, fixtures & equipment.
- Coordinate with consultants and vendors in the design, procurement, and / or fabrication of interior elements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Coordinate with the Special Advisor to President and Mrs. Obama on OPC Interior Design in the selection, design, procurement, and/or fabrication of interior elements
- Effectively collaborate with matrixed teams from across the organization (especially Creative & Communications, Museum, OPC Operations, and Product & Technology teams) to coordinate, commission, and fabricate all interior elements across the Center, including signage, artwork, branded elements, and interpretive / storytelling displays
- Coordinate with on-site construction teams and installers on the installation of all interior design items
- Develop work plans and manage multiple interrelated work streams related to the interior design of the Center on time and within budget.
- Manage the the budget, procurement and installation of all furniture, fixtures & equipment
- Experience and contacts in the interior design field in Chicago and nationally; familiarity with materials and furniture representatives in the market.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in interior design/architecture
- At least five years of experience in interior and/or experiential design of large public-facing institutions, ideally in the greater Chicago area.
- Experience in residential/hospitality interior design is a plus.
- Experience creating presentations, mood and material boards. Experience with BIM/Revit is a plus.
- Experience successfully managing complex projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Company: Obama Foundation
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A