Website National Weather Service
FBI Special Agents apply their professional experience and unique skill sets to their work. Many come from professional backgrounds such as psychology, forensic psychology, counseling and social work. Your social science background could significantly contribute to our work by analyzing motives and providing professional insight to help keep people safe. Join us and bring your understanding of human behavior to the FBI.
- BA/BS degree (preferably in psychology, social work, counseling or similar fields).
- An understanding of human behavior and motivations and the ability to communicate clearly to experts and nonexperts.
- Ability to objectively evaluate nuanced information and make sound judgments.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing interpersonal behavior and behavioral patterns, handling sensitive situations and predicting potential threats and risks.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A