Website National Weather Service
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Southern Region Headquarters (SRGHQ), Administrative Management Division (AMD), with one vacancy in Fort Worth, TX.
- Execute assigned portions of the organization’s budget including identifying and analyzing spending trends, obligations, expenditures and reimbursements; monitoring budget levels to ensure legal/efficient use of funding; and receiving approved fund targets for assigned accounts.
- Serve as a financial consultant to management on issues such as: budgeting strategies and techniques; use of financial management products; resource distribution; program priorities; resource execution, financial forecasts and projections; and development of annual and long-range financial plans.
- Administer assigned portions of the organization’s budget for multiple programs, responsible for implementing budget policy and procedures; identifying requirements shortfalls and tradeoffs and preparing appropriate supporting documentation; proposing alternative methods of financing unfunded requirements; recording annual budget plans and all adjustments in the financial system; and reporting to higher headquarters on variances from the plan.
- Provide management and field offices with financial information such as: financial reports showing the status of commitments, obligations, and disbursements of funds; trend analyses of rates of expenditures, comparisons of actual performance to the financial plan and identification of variances.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service.
- Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A