Website National Weather Service
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Alaska Region (AR), Regional Headquarters (REHQ), National Tsunami Warning Center (NTWC), with one vacancy in Palmer, AK.
- Maintain close liaison and coordination with the Directors of Civilian agencies, Commanders of Military Units, and community emergency preparedness officials in order to develop and maintain an effective system for the dissemination of tsunami warnings or potential earthquake and tsunami hazards.
- Conduct an ambitious public education program to promote individual recognition of the threat of tsunamis and related phenomena.
- Participate in research and integrate new scientific and technological advances and techniques into TWC operational procedures and operations.
- Serve as a technical expert on the Tsunami public awareness/TsunamiReady program, working with the Lead to ensure the scientific integrity of the products and services provided to the public by the National Tsunami Warning Center (NTWC).
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- This position requires applicants to meet a Basic Education Requirement in addition to at least one year of specialized experience in order to be found minimally qualified
- Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service.
- Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Palmer, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A