Website National Weather Service
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO), Marine Operations (MO), with one vacancy in Newport, OR.
- Serve as Interagency coordinator. Establish and renew Interagency Agreements for use of federal port facilities.
- Directly manage the execution and maintenance of agreements therein. Serve as the point of contact for local, state, and federal Interagency Agreements.
- Serve as Foreign Clearance Officer.
- Work with State Department and other federal entities on requirements for foreign research cruises. Serve as the point of contact for foreign national clearance and deemed export issues.
- Analyze Fleet Allocation Process and Resources to identify areas of improvement.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of line program operations.
- Research and investigate new or improved management practices.
- Analyze and advise on changes in policies and resources.
- Develop, track, and review schedules and project instruction for ships in Marine Operations fleet.
- Establish short and long range goals and objectives.
- Track progress and accomplishments and outline program plans to meet strategic milestones.
- Develop budget and manpower requirements.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service.
- Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A