Website National Weather Service
This announcement will remain open until April 27, 2022. Cut-off dates for referral to hiring managers for selection consideration will be established as needed by the agency. The first cut-off date will be Tuesday, May 11, 2021. Due to high volume of applicants, not all applicants will be considered.
- Implements higher-level security requirements such as those relating from laws, regulations, and presidential directives;
- Reviews proposed new systems, networks, and network software designs for potential security risks.
- Resolves integration issues related to the implementation of new systems with the existing infrastructure; and
- Develops long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipates, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities;
- Integrates security programs across disciplines;
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period
- You must successfully pass a drug screen.
- Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Processes engineering concepts to comply with organizational standards;
- Applies project management principles and methods to gain an overview knowledge of future IT enterprise infrastructure;
- Applies new information technology security developments to ensure current guidelines are updated accurately;
- Leads implementation activities;
- Assesses new systems design methodologies to improve software quality.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A