Website National Weather Service
This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Office of the Assistant Administrator, with one vacancy in Silver Spring, MD.
- Plan, develop, and deliver training courses, programs, and materials, including training aids, handbooks, demonstration models, computer tutorials, and reference works, to support growth or performance enhancement.
- Evaluate new and existing NMFS training programs by assessing employee needs; identifying new concepts, ideas, and methods; and designing quality control measures to improve established development and training programs as well as determine if progress is being made toward program objectives.
- Serve as the Senior Training Specialist in the National Marine Fisheries (NMFS) Headquarters office responsible for line office-wide planning, development, implementation, administration, management, and delivery of a comprehensive range of training and development programs for NMFS management and staff.
- Research and keep informed of changes or new developments in the technology and develop advance plans to ensure timely introduction of new or revised procedures, techniques, or operational concepts into the training program.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
Qualification & Experience:
One full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZA-3 or GS-12 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Advising leadership on fulfilling employee training and development needs and managing an organization’s training and development initiatives;
- Assisting with planning, developing, and delivering training courses or programs to support employee growth or performance enhancement; and
- Contributing to the design of evaluation and quality control means to measure the effectiveness of training programs.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A