Website National Weather Service
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Analyze, Forecast and Support Office (AFSO), Forecast Services Division (FSD), Severe, Fire Public, and Winter Weather Services Branch (SFPWSB) with one vacancy in Norman, OK.
- Work directly with the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP) Storm Prediction Center and other appropriate NCEP units on issues such as coordination of national and local severe weather policy and products, partner collaboration and forecast consistency.
- Enhance the service capacity of the National Weather Service’s (NWS) Severe Weather Services Program through the development of plans, projects, and policies.
- Analyze and validate new tools for severe weather analyses, forecasts, and communication with core partners, the weather enterprise, and the general public.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Qualifications requirements must be met by closing date of announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
- Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service.
- Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norman, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A