Website National Weather Service
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO), Marine Operations (MO), with five vacancies in a Negotiable Location.
- Accomplish special projects and initiatives that reduce life cycle costs; and improve ship maintainability, reliability, and supportability for electronics and mission systems.
- Provide project management and technical assistance that reflects knowledge of individual equipment, integrated systems; and installation standards, best practices, and procedures.
- Provide effective operating support to the ship and scientific customers in a professional and responsive manner.
- Repair electronic modules, digital computer data acquisition hardware and peripherals, shipboard navigation and communications systems and equipment as well as oceanographic, scientific and acoustic data acquisition systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoot electronics systems and equipment.
- Plan and conduct shipboard maintenance on installed mission electronics systems, scientific sensors, and communications and navigation equipment.
- Qualifications requirements must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service.
- Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A