Website National Weather Service
This announcement is for FAA permanent employees requesting an Employee Requested Reassignment (ERR) into a 2101 position in Technical Operations. This announcement will not be used for promotions.
- The duties involve performing various duties associated with the systems, subsystems, and categories and equipment that support the operation of the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Responsibilities and duties include work in connection with one or more of the following systems: Communications, Navigation and Landing, Surveillance, Weather. Environmental Service, Automation, etc.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must document 1 year of specialized work experience, equivalent to at least the next lower level, that demonstrates an extensive knowledge of basic electricity and electronic theory;
- Aptitude for solving mathematical problems (algebra, trigonometry);
- Knowledge and ability to use tools, materials, and various types of specialized test equipment for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing electronic equipment/systems
- Experience in the technology, system interrelationships, and management of civilian or military automated aviation, navigation, and electronics systems.
- Applicants should include examples of specialized experience in their Work History.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be qualifying for this position.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A