Website National Park Service
Position operates as the Chief of Contracting Division at the Denver Service Center (DSC). This position will establish the DSC acquisition program structure and direction, manage procurement execution, make decisions regarding program emphasis and changes, supervise staff, operate as part of the DSC Management Team and work closely with other DSC Division Chiefs and collaborate with fellow Regional and Center NPS CCOs on bureau-wide acquisition decisions.
- Provides technical leadership and establishes internal contracting policy for Contracting Services group and carries out a national leadership role in professional services and construction contracting;
- Oversees awarding engineering and design services contracts based on Brooks Act requirements;
- Oversees workload analysis, concurs selection of 8(a) projects, ensures implementing contracts through architecture/engineering (A/E)
- Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts, and concurs with implementation of awards for construction services.
- Resolves contracting issues including complex, difficult problems with significant cost impacts;
- Establishes and implements programmatic structure, guidelines, procedures for acquisition and contracting services to execute workload and meet performance metrics;
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Hold and maintain Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level III certification and level III Contracting Officer’s
- Authorization (COA) at appropriate levels ($300M in all categories).
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450 on an annual basis.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 3 nights per month. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
- You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
Qualification & Experience:
- A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A