Website National Park Service
This is an open continuous vacancy announcement. Applicants will be referred periodically throughout the announcement period. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement. The first cut-off date is 11:59 pm (ET), February 18th, 2022.
- Operates large, complex riding lawn mowers that have multiple or independently controlled cutting decks, and/or specially designed mowers that operate on slopes;
- lawn and garden tractors with various specialty attachments such as gardening attachments, trenchers, snow plowing or removal equipment, etc. Carries out special laboring assignment(s) which require knowledge of several steps, phases, or detailed procedures and a practical knowledge of project requirements and objectives (e.g., preparing ground, laying sod, planting flowers or shrubs, and using drawings to establish a planting pattern and/or design, or similar labor endeavors. Loads and unloads supplies and materials from trucks, trailers, dollies, etc. Digs ditches and trenches with pick and shovel where soil is hard and compact and must grade or slope.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males
- U.S. Citizenship required.
You may be required to evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime work.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver’s license is required. You will
- be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or
- submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver’s
- licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A