Website National Grid
The Lead Planner obtains information, provides analysis and recommendations to drive and support project goals and positively influence project direction; performs cost and schedule forecasting, Contractor schedule analysis to detect and identify contractor slipage, monitoring and control activities including the preparation of schedule and cost performance and productivity reports, analysis of supporting data, variance reporting and special studies; and evaluates and reports the impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes and recommends corrective actions.
- Accountable for building and developing project schedules across a portfolio. The schedules will be built using the agreed work breakdown structure to support Engineers, Project Development, Project Managers, and Resource Planning.
- Progress each project every month to ensure all projects are monitored for project controls in line with the monthly reporting cycle, checking accuracy, quality and consistency of data, as well as supporting the end of year reconciliation process.
- Accountable for using the schedule and forecast to review the project cost/schedule integration throughout the Network Development Process.
- Accountable for ensuring schedule data is accurate to allow Project Controls to report milestones, planned value and earned value data, % completed on projects and project commentaries.
- Provide expert technical input and define policy as to the best way of using the primavera tool to model projects e.g. interface milestones or links between activities, portfolio views etc.
- Oversee and support the activities of other team members, providing advice and coaching as necessary.
- Lead Project Controls team in training, development, and quality control/ quality assurance efforts.
- 7+ years’ experience in project management, construction or schedule management or equivalent relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience.
- Considerable proven experience and expert knowledge in schedule development and analysis including milestone management, critical path analysis, understanding of float and time risk allowance and earned value methodologies.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors and regulatory representatives
- Expert using Power BI and Primavera P6 to create project schedules, dashboard, contractor claim analysis, and progress them using a pre-defined work breakdown structure, to optimize the performance of a portfolio of projects and familiar with the issues that arise on projects and how to overcome them.
- Knowledge of the typical projects that National Grid undertakes including their durations, issues, typical durations etc.
- Good knowledge of the environment in which Complex Capital Projects operates.
Company: National Grid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Melville, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A