Website NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital, Security Officers do more than patrol facilities and campuses – they take part in amazing stories. When a patient was recently admitted with a severe illness, one Security Officer sensed the need for action. Maintaining his post, he repositioned himself in view of the patient’s room. When the patient’s condition suddenly became critical, this Officer alerted clinicians for life-saving intervention. Each day, Security Officers at NewYork-Presbyterian serve and inspire with similar acts of service and integrity. Now, you can make it possible.
- The ideal candidate will display strong problem solving skills, the ability to work with diverse population, and strong documentation and organizational skills.
- The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for counseling and providing treatment to individuals with substance use, including use of tobacco, alcohol and other drugs.
- You will help patients with their addiction by educating them with the skills or the mechanics to remain abstinent, and facilitate group sessions for the unit’s as needed.
- The counselor is responsible for working with patient on discharge planning and referrals.
- You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required within 90 days of starting in role and continued BCLS certification required every two years
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work with computers
- NYS Security Guard License
- Bachelor’s degree, at least two years of collegiate coursework in criminal justice or a related field, or previous military experience.
- One (1) year security experience.
- Driver’s license
Company: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A