Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
Summary Of Duties
Performs customer service functions in the Field Assurance department, and is responsible for technical assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
Essential Functions Performed
- Answers incoming calls from customers and sales regarding product quality issues.
- Provides the necessary information to resolve complex customer concerns and problems.
- Interfaces with various departments such as Quality, Engineering, etc. regarding more complex product complaints, and management of complaints through the systems used by the FA department.
- Prepares specimens, adjusts and operates equipment, and records data, pointing out deviations identified during prep and testing.
- Extracts engineering or other data from various reports; processes and presents the data.
- Delivers various products after disposition to appropriate locations with required documentation.
- Decontaminates, organizes and photographs returned products.
- Reviews nonconformance records; disposition, root cause, corrective and preventive action for closure requirements prior to closing.
- Communicates with Sales and customers to collect clinically relevant information pertaining to customer complaints and Merit product.
- Organizes and ships received product to other Merit manufacturing facilities.
- Performs work order closeouts, and other related quarantine tasks.
- Reviews procedures with focus toward creating, and completing ECN’s as needed to maintain compliance to company practices and other regulating agencies.
- Reviews various data sets to maintain document history when creating new quality files.
- Transacts day to day flow of various products through the database and the quarantine system.
- Supports the MDR process, and has good knowledge of MDR regulations.
- Plans or assists in assignments of a non-routine nature.
- Attends meetings to provide necessary input, and relays new or important information back to FA department staff.
- Makes high level decisions regarding appropriate content in FA documentation, and correspondence.
- Compares historic data and edits drafted reports prior to submitting the reports to management or regulating bodies.
- Receives and acts on technical advice from engineers or supervisor for complex problems.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required.
Summary Of Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma with 7 years’ related experience, Associate’s degree with 5 years’ related experience, or a Bachelor’s degree, with 3 years’ related experience.
- Attention to accuracy and detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Ability to operate a forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Customer service, Quality, Field Assurance experience.
- Experience operating a forklift, pallet jack and/or other related warehouse equipment.
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Computer skills
- Test specimen preparation/equipment adjustment and operation/test data recording and analyzing
- Operation of forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment
- Engineering data report extraction/processing/presentation
- Document review and editing
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V