Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES*
Supports and leads the ongoing introduction and advancement of the Business Excellence program. Promotes a culture of business excellence for manufacturing and supporting areas.
Essential Functions Performed
- Promotes a culture of business excellence by using continuous improvement principles, behaviors, systems and tools.
- Acts as a change agent in the introduction of Business Excellence and drives/sustains improvements.
- Supports/ leads continuous improvement activities by identification and participation in improvement opportunities.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing teams in their endeavors to initiate and sustain continuous improvement.
- Assists / leads with 5S, TPM, TWI program deployment.
- Assists / leads problem solving activities using provided tools.
- Assists with process improvement activities, such as VSM, material and information flows, DMAIC, time studies, etc.
- Supports R&D at early stages of product and process development to ensure new products and processes are born lean.
- Recognize and receive guidance from other sources, when needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required.
Essential Physical/Environmental Demands
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
Summary Of Minimum Qualifications
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry.
- Three years of related experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated use of Lean and Six-Sigma resources and tools.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent verbal/ written communication and presentation skills.
- Medical device industry experience.
- Green Belt Certified strongly preferred.
- Read/interpret documents.
- Scientific problem solving/decision making
- Identify waste and challenge using lean tools; work with production to identify solutions; drive improvement.
- Data collection/research
- Model and support organizational values (Customer First, Achieving Excellence, Developing People, Flexibility and Integrity) in carrying out assigned responsibilities/tasks.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V