Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
Summary Of Duties
Performs routine technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems under general supervision and guidelines.
Essential Functions Performed
- Performs routine technical work requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks.
- Uses limited amounts of discretionary judgment in making decisions regarding technical alternatives.
- Performs work of some higher technical level for training purposes, and work is screened to ensure correct application of scientific principles.
- Works on special projects, writes ECN’s, and may create prototypes under general direction.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
Essential Physical/Environmental Demands
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
Summary Of Minimum Qualifications
- Education and/or work-related experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry, or a Master’s Degree.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
- Standard scientific techniques/procedures/criteria
- Special projects/ECN’s
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V