Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
Summary Of Duties
To assist with development, implementation, and management of Sales and Marketing global capabilities and training programs.
Essential Functions Performed
- Populates and maintains a core competency matrix for employees, dealers, and distributors.
- Recommends and implements scalable training solutions such as standard operating procedures and work instructions, develops communication plans, and reports performance across the portfolio of initiatives and programs, and leads deployment of systems and processes to support the same.
- Participates in the development, delivery, implementation, and evaluation of product, clinical, and sales training programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of internal audiences (sales and marketing organization) and of clinical and product education programs for external audiences (physicians and nurses) that support the company’s overall sales and marketing objectives.
- Works closely with Regional Sales Managers and Field Trainers in the design, development, and implementation of sales methodology and product training programs.
- Assists with management of eLearning initiatives including Learning Management System development and management, knowledge sharing platforms, electronic tracking of training plans, and project management for web-based course development with a focus on providing an easy-to-use, effective platform for knowledge sharing and course completion.
- Leads, researches, defines, plans, executes, assesses, and enhances specific online training and technology based initiatives and programs.
- Maintains a library of eLearning training collateral in an organized and easily accessible manner.
- Utilizes recognized instructional design best practices and follows corporate style guide to create and develop effective learning content that has visual appeal and results in a positive learning experience.
- Communicate with team members throughout the course development process by utilizing storyboards and project management tools.
- Develops and implements written procedures and audits for customer training programs to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines.
- Provides field support, performs other duties and works on special projects, as required.
- Effectively collects, incorporates, and tracks feedback during the content creation and review processes from multiple sources including: clinical, marketing, sales, and training subject matter experts.
- Obtains appropriate regulatory and legal approvals for training content and serve as a resource for the approval process for others within the department.
- Provides appropriate quality assurance testing and assists with integration of eLearning content.
- Assists with the development and deployment of knowledge checks and skills assessments.
- Provides scheduled reports to management related to projects in development and delivery timelines.
- Manages relationships and projects with consultants and third-party content developers as needed.
- Assesses, recommends, and purchases courseware packages, and supports adoption of appropriate courseware tools.
Essential Physical/Environmental Demands
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in technology, nursing, biomedical engineering, instructional design, or technical or clinically relevant field required.
- Minimum of six years of training development experience, preferably within medical field.
- Must have excellent communication skills, exercise sound judgment, and support the expectations and goals of a medical device company.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and project/program management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with course authoring software such as Storyline, Captivate, Lectora, Camtasia, etc.
- Manage a pipeline of multiple projects with frequent course deployments and on-time delivery.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic in accomplishing set objectives and hitting deadlines.
- Must have the ability to travel approximately 10% of the time, at times on short notice.
- Experience with medical devices highly preferred.
- Prior experience with medical device sales, marketing, and training and education.
- Tactical skills to coordinate complex initiatives
- Training processes
- Training design/delivery/needs assessment
- Training facilitation
- Computer skills
Infectious Control Risk Category II
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require exposure.