Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
Summary Of Duties
This position is responsible for the overall marketing efforts of their therapy/product area. This includes product management and development, product introductions, market research, advertising, tradeshows and seminars, public relations and field sales support.
Essential Functions Performed
- Directs departmental staff by interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluation, discipline, firing and other related duties.
- Directs product management efforts.
- Oversees marketing efforts associated with product development.
- Develops marketing strategies and direction for their therapy/product area. Identifies new markets with close interaction with Regulatory Affairs.
- Oversees product launches and introductions.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of industry trends and direction.
- Maintains product knowledge and sales information within all product lines.
- Develops and manages the department’s budget.
- Develops public relations programs and opportunities.
- Develops market research programs and opportunities.
- Manages the tradeshow and seminar efforts for their therapy/product area.
- Manages the development and production of corporate collateral materials.
- Creates national advertising campaigns.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
Essential Physical/Environmental Demands
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
Summary Of Minimum Qualifications
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Work related experience equivalent to seven years, with five of those years in product management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to prepare professional written and oral presentations and market analysis.
- Excellent market research skills and the ability to report research findings with high degree of validity and reliability.
- Supervisory process
- Product management/development
- Marketing strategy development/direction
- Product launches/introduction
- Advertising campaign creation
- Public relation programs and opportunities development
- Budgetary process
- Market research programs and opportunities development
Infectious Control Risk Category II
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require exposure.