Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. currently has the following opening for a Clinical Education Specialist in our Merit Vascular (MV) division. We are looking for candidates that have clinical education experience (preferably in the Cardiac, Interventional Radiology and Vascular Interventional arena).
This position will cover territories in the Midwest Region. Candidates can live in Detroit, MI, Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, Cleveland, OH, or any other major US city near a major airport in this region. Prefer candidates live within the geography of territory. This position requires travel of 70-80%.
Summary Of Duties
Assists with defining and developing product training materials and programs to educate and orient sales representatives, global distributors, marketing managers, new company employees and corporate investors on the clinical use of Merit’s product lines, product features and benefits, sales strategy development, customer buying preferences and other clinical subjects such as anatomy and physiology.
Essential Functions Performed
- Educates Merit’s global sales force (domestic and international) and various employees on Merit’s products and their applications in the field through classes, field training and sales meetings.
- Trains and updates Merit’s worldwide dealers as new products are launched.
- Presents Merit product information at new hire orientation classes.
- Conducts assessment testing to ascertain the skill level and capability of those individuals being trained, and develop training curriculums and programs to improve knowledge, skill, and capabilities.
- Defines protocol and assists in the field assessment of new product market research trials (MRT’s).
- Assists with developing and implementing ongoing e-learning training courses to improve and maintain a high level of product and clinical expertise in the field sales and clinical organization.
- Conducts ongoing staff training and provide clinical feedback to resolve customer related issues.
- Answers clinical questions from doctors, technicians, sales representatives, etc.
- Supports sales and marketing efforts by in-servicing key customers on Merit products.
- Works in the field as need requires to support and train clinicians on the use of Merit products and to trouble shoot product related issues in the field.
- Defines, coordinate and execute “Think” programs in all business units.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required.
Essential Physical/Environmental Demands
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
Summary Of Minimum Qualifications
- Education and/or business experience equivalent to a related Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on medical experience, with three of those years of clinical training experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to analyze feedback in a training environment to develop strategies to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A thorough understanding of training and development techniques, and the ability to implement a corporate sales training program.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to understand complex issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate large programs.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Education and/or clinical experience equivalent to a Nurse or, Registered Technologist.
- Product training
- Sales training manual writing and preparation
- Skill assessment testing
- Training curriculum/program development
- Product trouble shooting
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Presentation skills
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V