Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
About the job
SUMMARY OF DUTIES*
Responsible for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets, particularly within the Business Intelligence framework. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
Essential Functions Performed
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap.
- Roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology Evaluates and prepares customized reports which generate key information from the database for various departments.
- Develop and maintain maps of the key data inputs including the data owners.
- Coordinate external data sources and non-ERP data sources to eliminate redundancies and reduce expenses related to those data sources.
- Define and implement policies relating to Business Intelligence data standards.
- Performs other duties and tasks, as required.
Summary Of Minimum Qualifications
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field required.
- A minimum of six years of MIS experience required with emphasis in database integrity maintenance and training and data acquisition.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a key part of an MIS team and accomplish organizational objectives and goals according to schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others to identify their departmental needs.
- Software database maintenance/update/validation/testing
- Customized report evaluation/preparation
- Technical writing skills
- Software and database skills
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled “Great people, Great products, Great Company”. Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V