Website Massachusetts Port Authority
Responsible for the proper processing and reporting on the activities relating to the Authority’s general Ledger. Performs reviews and analyses of various general ledger activities.
- Compiles and analyzes monthly account activity and reports of findings.
- Assists in developing improved processes to facilitate efficient general ledger account posting and reconciliation.
- Ensures all entries are classified and recorded according to acceptable accounting procedures.
- Reviews accounting processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining location/purpose codes in Peoplesoft and maintaining allocation tables.
- Analyzes, researches and responds to inquiries concerning amounts posted to general ledger accounts.
- Inputs adjusting, standard, and allocation journal entries.
- Prepares analysis on asset, liability revenue and expense accounts.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Experience with automated/on line accounting systems.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Ability to pass Massport’s controlled substance testing, and background and security checks.
- Ability to work a 37.5-hour workweek. Ability to work additional hours as necessary as workload demands.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- 1 3 years’ accounting experience with emphasis on General Accounting and General Ledger. Must have demonstrated knowledge and skills in accounting functions.
Company: Massachusetts Port Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A