Website Massachusetts Port Authority
Provides professional assistance to Resident Engineers as required during construction on Massport and Tenant Projects authority wide. In this position, the candidate will assist MPA Resident Engineers with the execution of tasks related to current active projects, future projects and daily administrative functions from the design inception phase to completion of construction and closeout.
This position is intended to allow the candidate to gain the experience, training and knowledge required to develop into the position of an Assistant Project Manager or Resident Engineer.
- Prepares meeting notes and reports to the Senior Resident Engineer.
- Assists the Project Manager in coordination of such meetings as requested.
- Assists in the coordination of work with terminal managers, facilities, operations, Ground Transportation Unit (GTU), and tenants as requested during construction to ensure the work does not significantly impact daily operations.
- Reviews work plans with the Project Manager and attends meetings with the PM to present the work to other MPA departments.
- Reviews project design plans and specifications to gain an understanding of the proposed work. Offers comments on the project phasing elements to the Project Manager as appropriate.
- Prepares and assists in preparation of presentations and reports as assigned.
- Prepares weekly reports and assembles data on multiple projects to inform the Project Manager and the Sr. Resident Engineer.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple project tasks while maintaining deadlines.
- General knowledge of Design Software such as Blue Beam Revu.
- Demonstrates professionalism and exceptional organizational skills. Ability to read and understand construction drawings and construction processes.
- Possesses strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into workable construction methods and strategies.
- Ability to work with clients and handle sensitive situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with program managers, project managers, other departments, contractors and trade personnel.
- Must be willing to take direction and follow through on assigned tasks.
Foster good relations and promotes a good flow of information with all parties.
- Ability to manipulate BIM/ 3D files: Revit, Navisworks, Civil 3D is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of software (Outlook, Word, Project, Teams, and Excel). Ability use other similar software as applicable.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Civil Engineering required.
- Ability to achieve Construction Manager in Training Certification (CMIT).
- 1-5 years of experience is desirable (including co-op experience). Knowledge of current building industry practices and construction methods, including building codes, schedules and cost estimating for projects of all size and scale.
Company: Massachusetts Port Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A