Website Massachusetts Port Authority
Responsible for electrical projects at all Massport facilities from conception through construction, including project management, the establishment of scope, design criteria and program requirements, schematic and conceptual design, final design, construction plans and specifications, bidding and construction award, shop drawing reviews, construction inspection and supervision. Work with other Massport Departments, public agencies and officials and the public in general.
Projects may be “in-house” design or “outside consultant” design. Ensures that electrical projects are planned, budgeted, designed and constructed safely, within budget limits, on schedule and result in a functional quality product. Responsible for functional application.
- Schedules and conducts project meetings and provides professional technical leadership.
- Participates in budget preparation and review process by providing specific project data for budget in concert with facility needs.
- Develops preliminary concept definitions.
- Coordinates and secures all necessary internal and external project approvals.
- Prepares contract documents for projects, as needed.
- Solicits and facilitates internal reviews and consolidates relevant project information from design through construction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to pass a Massport background check and obtain a Massport Security Badge.
- Ability to pass a Massport controlled substances test and background security checks.
- Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp, Apron and Airfield License.
- Ability to communicate and mediate between groups and individuals of varying backgrounds and responsibilities.
- Massachusetts Professional Electrical Engineering registration required. Working knowledge of medium and high voltage electrical distribution systems, standards and codes.
- Massachusetts Class D (III) driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Knowledge of the Massachusetts public bidding process.
- BIM ability required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional design and construction work experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the electrical design and construction of buildings and facilities similar to Massport properties required. Working knowledge of building codes, regulations and ordinances required.
Company: Massachusetts Port Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A