Website Library of Congress
Incumbent identifies and assists in performing liaison tasks to support human resources administrative activities of a routine nature, such as answering routine questions affiliated with a particular staffing, classification, leave administration, employee relations, training or staff health and safety issue. Performs human resources management support for NLS where the personnel problems encountered results from a specific request from a supervisor or employee. Requests typically are for an immediate problem for which one or more solutions are readily apparent. Provides guidance to managers and supervisors in human resources matters. Serves as the organization’s liaison with The Library of Congress Human Capital Directorate.
- Incumbent provides assistance to managers in human resources administration activities such as coordinating personnel actions and tracking their status to ensure that suspense dates are met.
- Provides guidance on matters of accepted practice such as establishing positions and developing position descriptions, or providing information on the procedure to follow to resolve an employee relations issue.
- Provides personnel reports to NLS managers from the EmpowHR system, or from data collected and compiled from various sources for general information purposes or in response to a specific request.
- Incumbent assists in performing routine tasks in support of the administration of a small, stable budget involving basic administrative expenses, such as disseminating guidelines for participating in the budget formulation and execution process.
- May assist in reviewing and responding to budget calls; may assist in interpreting charts, tables, diagrams and data from the LC automated financial system regarding budget matters.
- Works with the financial manager to collect information on anticipated needs in preparation for the new budget cycle.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to lead discussions and present information orally.
- Ability to serve as a liaison for budget and finance functions.**
- Ability to provide support and serve as a liaison for managers on human resources functions.**
- Ability To Communicate Effectively Other Than In Writing.
- Ability to plan and execute work.**
Company: Library of Congress
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A