Role Mission: The Transportation Assistant Manager will assist the Campus Transportation Manager to coordinate and oversee all transportation needs at his/her campus. The Assistant Manager will work towards learning, adapting and surpassing the goals set forth by the department and includes but not limited to the following: coordinating school bus routes, scheduling and learn daily operations of buses and bus drivers. Ensure to follow all federal, state, and local regulations and applicable laws, train and develop the usage of software for mapping, routing, and services that ensure the fleet is running efficiently.
- Drivers complete all required trainings on time
- Oversee the daily operations of the dispatch office; monitors two-way radios to effectively address bus problems, lateness and accidents.
- Drivers maintain and carry up-to-date credentials at all times
- Culture of safety is placed first in all they do. This means setting the example and holding team accountable for all safety initiatives
- Compliance with time schedules and applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Receive and respond to emergency calls after hours and on weekends.
- Drivers are fully trained in Pre/Post Trip inspections
- Receive and respond to drivers’ accidents; drives to accident scenes and conduct internal accident investigations; gather information, take photos and assist students and staff; obtain accident reports from the highway patrol and police agencies.
- Potential candidates are screened and tested to show they possess or are acquiring excellent skills in operating a school bus
- Completed bus driver safety training course
- Pass alcohol and drug tests
- License or Certification: Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with class P (passenger) and S (school bus) endorsements
- Must be over 18 years old
- DOT Physical Examination
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: Experience in the operation of large passenger vehicles; or an equivalent combination of experience and training; ability to manage student behavior
- Education: GED or High School Diploma
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Juan, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A