At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
- Directly manage a team of three direct reports
- Manage daily media monitoring and PR and media relations across all IDEA regions and nationally
- Serve as editor in chief of content for IDEA’s website and national social media channels
- Distribute crisis communications plan to campus and HQ leaders and manage the crisis management database, accessible via The Hub, for campuses to access standard crisis communications documents-letters to parents, receptionist Q&A, etc.
- Serve as the team liaison for IDEA’s student safety and crisis communications by playing a key role in the development of crisis communications, resources, and training.
- Position IDEA a thought leader nationally in education/education reform, promoting IDEA leaders and programs
- Develop publications (IMPACT Magazine, Persistence/Enrollment Publications, and serve as an advisor for IDEA’s Annual Report) that help to steward persistence and brand awareness at IDEA.
- Meet media and public relations goals, nationally and across new and existing IDEA regions, focusing on increasing brand awareness
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Results and quality-focused with an eye for detail, a bias for excellence in building and deploying communications plans and managing multiple communications platforms and channels
- Relationship-building and influencing skills, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in public relations and strategic communications
- Creative, ambitious, and highly adept in designing and implementing cohesive communications strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: 5-7 years of full-time professional experience required; 3+ years of full-time people management required
- Preferred experience in Marketing and Communications field
- Preferred experience with project management
- Established media relationships in one or more IDEA regions or nationally
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater Carrollwood, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A