Website IDEA Public Schools
Our key tenets of family engagement, social emotional learning, and student social emotional supports are implemented through the role of the School Counselor to ensure all staff are building authentic relationships with students and families. Data maintenance and analysis is an integral component of effective school-based intervention implementation. SSAs own the validity and accuracy of their goals to drive campus strategies and tactics. Family engagement and student success is the job of all campus team members. The School Counselor will direct and hold all campus team members accountable to fulfill their role.
- Directs implementation of state mandated guidance lessons to all students to develop life skills, promote good character, and develop resilience.
- Provides individual/group counseling for at-risk students and refers students who need intense or specialized services campus-based Licensed Mental Health Provider and/or outside agencies.
- Partners with the grade level teams to help identify and coordinate intervention for at-risk students with responsibility and accountability structures for Grade Level
- Admin, API’s, GTLs and Teachers.
- Leads parent conversations and problem solves to ensure we are meeting the needs of our students and families in collaboration with campus lead team.
- Manages the campus overall student persistence data to ensure 100% of data accuracy and reporting through close partnership with the PEIMS team on campus. Notify all stakeholders who own the persistence goal of the data and rationale as to why students are leaving to identify and analyze trends. Data management includes At-Risk
- Coding, Potential Leavers and Dropouts and Leaver Coding for withdrawals.
- Leads the planning of and execution of student and family engagement events that are aligned to the school’s culture, community and family needs and promotes the authentic relationship building between the school and the family.
- Coaches and develops teachers to work with all students and families. Partners with the appropriate lead team/campus team members to support the staff and the student to work together to achieve goals.
- Leads the execution of the school vision for retaining all students at the school by directing and managing all stakeholders at the campus in their roles and responsibilities in family engagement and student persistence.
- Leads BOY Professional Development for entire campus to clarify the roles every staff member plays in family engagement.
- Maintain knowledge of community agencies as a resource to meet student and school needs.
- Proven track record of success
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Ability to manage student behavior
- Belief in and alignment with IDEA’s mission and values is non-negotiable
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A