Website U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Human Capital, Human Resources Operations Center, in Irving, Texas.
- Managing the daily operations of the Human Resources Operations Center and shares with the Chief, all phases of the organization’s programs and work;
- Convening multiple stakeholders at various levels to harmonize customer needs and expectations with HROC priorities and output;
- Acting in the HROC Chief’s absence and represents HROC in a variety of meetings and other similar forums;
- Participating in the development and documentation of long-range and short-range planning efforts; and
- Establishing performance metrics for HROC employees, monitor progress toward those metrics, and adjust management techniques as needed to ensure those metrics are achieved.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must successfully pass a drug screen.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
- Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
- Time in Grade: Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the Federal service. Time in grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Company: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A